Robert leads the planning team for the Nepal training (August 23-24) and field simulation (August 26-29). Robert is Regional Coordinator of Emergency Management for ADRA Asia.The details on the Nepal simulation and the August 22 Tech Day can be found at www.humaninet.org
Although this is Robert's "first blog ever," his passion for teamwork and collaborative action show through:
He writes: "Two weeks ago the Nepal simulation exercise was a concept. Now it is fast becoming a reality! I have been encouraged by the tremendous support and interest shown by the Nepal government, UN agencies, International NGOs, local NGOs and organizations and the community leaders where the simulation will be run. Now comes the hard work of pulling this all together to ensure a great simulation experience that allows the people participating to practice how they would respond to a real disaster event, using their written plans for guidance. The exciting thing for me is working with a dedicated and experienced team of people, each contributing their own special talents, skills and experience to make the simulation a resounding success. I encourage other team members to share their thoughts in this blog."
Please check back frequently for more posts by the Nepal simulation planning team and participants!
1 comment:
Thanks to Robert's initiative and committment to disaster response, we had a great simulation exercise in Indonesia last year. I had the privilege of participating and had a great learning experience. I will be also in Nepal for the training and simulation next month. I am very excited and look forward to meeting Robert and other partipants in Nepal. I think the idea of starting the training with a Tech Day is also great. Thanks also to HumaniNet for the support and initiative. You are great!
Regards,
Paulo Lopes
ADRA India, Country Director
Post a Comment